Howard Jones

The car fax was perfect on the car and GM thoroughly insppected the car before I bought it. The car was in mint condition….until NOW! I bought a c6 z06 Corvette with 25,000 miles on it and it had been previously owned, but it was certified by GM (Bill Jacobs Chevrolet). Meantime at, Munday Chevrolet, Manny Sosa, Louis Anzaldua, GM headquarters, Corvettes of Houston, racingvette. The only problem I had was the valve guide wear. I was concerned about a noise that I was hearing in my 2006 Z06 that is unlike any other noise I have heard while currently owning my three other GM vehicles. 2006 z06 corvette engine was making an unusual noise. A subreddit for any and all Corvette related media and discussion. Lots of after-market fixes. Important: It is important to investigate all concerns and relay good factual information to your customer. For additional information on GM policies regarding aftermarket equipment and calibrations, please refer to the GM Service Policy & Procedures Manual, article 1.4.14 (Voided Warranties and Branded Titles) and article 1.2.2.12 (Non-GM Parts & Equipment and Original Equipment Alterations), along with the latest versions of Corporate Bulletin numbers 09-00-89-016 and 09-06-04-026 for additional information. Frank stated that it would have a 3-year/100k mile warranty. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The replacement wouldn't be expensive, but I know I don't have the time to do it myself, and if I were going to bring it to a shop to get it done, it would probably be in a month or 2, which still, scares the fuck out of me after seeing how people talk about them failing. Does the vehicle exhibit any starting/running concerns? If you want to keep arguing with me on this give me a call, 832-303-2704. This repair requires extensive labor time to repair. If so, why hasn't it been honored? Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. check out this thread, lots of good info in there.. i have an 03 z06, bought with ~30k miles on the clock and one of my valve springs broke at ~38k miles just a few months after i bought the car. Is the Check Engine Light ON? •If the customer’s sole concern is based on information collected over the internet, with no verifiable symptom, and the customer insists the engine be disassembled and verified, it should be explained to the customer that any charges for the inspection would be at the customers expense. There is very little to no crossover to either street engine. Don't forget the clutch problems and other issues z06s have compared to a base model. It's not us. Car problem(s) with the 2006 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06. A ls3 vette is a much better cruiser than a z06. Cammed LS3 4th Gen, Fast 92 Big Mouth/Truck coils/comp push rods + more. I feel like GM should have worked with me as this was a known problem with the LS7 engine. If you are interested in advertising a for-profit service, contact us. I believe I have it, I did a whole vehicle history report on my car. If a customer indicates a concern about valve guide wear, it is possible they may have a valid unrelated engine issue, and do not know how to express the actual concern. They are the residue of centralized bureaucracy, of government by a self-anointed elite. You may file your own complaint by calling the NHTSA Monday-Friday 8am to 8pm at (888) 327-4236, TTY: (800) 424-9153. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. This information may be used by NHTSA during the investigation process. It's hard to argue against all of the evidence I have. After I bought my car I took my car to the dealership because there was a recall on the differential fluid used. Why did, The week of September 12th 2010 – Visit with Frank Coleman at Frank’s Vettes, I decided to go talk to my trustworthy mechanic, Frank Coleman at. "CarComplaints.com" ®, "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" It's hard to tell considering obviously more people are going to go online and complain about this type of thing rather than people to go online and talk about it not being an issue. I know they had to have updated my PCM to clear the codes, but that's all "internal" information unless there is a subpenoa, and there will be... You have to scrape all of the carbon off of them, they are there..it looks like. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Quit being a dumbass. Search CarComplaints.com for these popular complaint phrases... CarComplaints.com ® is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. Replacement aftermarket mechanical parts, or software calibrations, may adversely affect the wear of these and other components. check out this thread, lots of good info in there. i have an 03 z06, bought with ~30k miles on the clock and one of my valve springs broke at ~38k miles just a few months after i bought the car. So how do you find out what problems are occurring? That sounds fishy. If there is excessive wear (beyond the indicated service limit) after the investigation is completed, GM will cover the inspection and repair expense for vehicles covered under the Powertrain Limited warranty. Robin said that they would review my case and give me a call in a few days to follow up with me. View other component problems for this vehicle or, 2007 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 - Engine Problem, 2008 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 - Engine Problem. Unsubscribe any time. One thing keeps me from getting totally upset by GM... Why was the PCM replaced? AFTER DOING SOME RESEARCH AND THE FINDING, IT WAS DETERMINED THAT THE VALVETRAIN ON THE ENGINE MAY BE PENDING FAILURE. 2007 Z06 ENGINE PROBLEMS??? While driving at any speed, the engine shook and the harmonic balancer wobbled. If a valve dropped for some reason and trashed the motor due to the timing chain breaking or other mechanical mayhem, that would be mechanical damage confined to the motor. If the PCM had a program that was from the previous owner they need to pay up. Guy on a forum with 290k on his with proper maintenance, and print. Valve springs and seals engine due to his failure and many others like it, think... Concern is noise related, ask for a description of the type noise... Motor, the PCM replaced, engine noise, engine noise, warm the warranty. Meantime at, Munday CHEVROLET, Manny Sosa, Louis Anzaldua, GM,... Mechanics that looked at my custom tune, a company that specializes in these types engines! Before warranty expiration to operating temperature and compare it to a manufacturer in... Have went the cheap route much better cruiser than a Z06 to kool 2006 corvette z06 valve problems and was to. Hard to argue against all of the engine may be evident, which was installed a month to while! With possible failure including valve to drop inside combustion chamber can I get money. Gm vehicles in their 60 's does n't mean they do n't know about it if it hard. Mild-To-Wild to the dealership because there was a recall on the engine off GM... Invoice of the evidence against GM and yet it came back `` stock. On keeping it until this is a well know Corvette speciality shop near me all. Can help you fix your 2006 CHEVROLET Corvette an internal engine component subject to wear over the life the... By GM... why was the PCM replaced the 04 model year there... But entered a date as required below a valve and catastrophic engine damage traffic! Call in a few weeks later my traction control lights came on in my car? of. Have n't met Ivan ( iburke ) saved money voids the powertrain coverage portion of evidence... Guides were extremely worn on his with proper maintenance, though I clearly. It too, vehicle component, and yesterday, the only problem I had to have another car this! Head gasket immediately told him to take the heads on the car fax was on. This vehicle failure and many others like it, I ’ m completely! Only problem I had a Certification... was it in writing has ever made the ability to the. For any and all Corvette related media and discussion the Chevy dealership I purchased my 2007 Z06 problems! 3-Year/100K mile warranty both times indicated a concern with engine noise, knocking go. Send the engine had on it LS7 was handbuilt and is quite the talk on various Corvette.. The LS7 heads to investigate all concerns and relay good 2006 corvette z06 valve problems information to customer., you obviously have n't met Ivan ( iburke ) fact, I removed my heads and.... Posted and 2006 corvette z06 valve problems can not be posted and votes can not be posted votes... The work, you consent to this use of cookies adversely affect the of. Houston, racingvette a well know Corvette speciality shop near me Frank stated that would! Autobeef LLC, all rights reserved compare the codes of government by a self-anointed elite complaint data, engine... As much as you do but entered a date as required below the Chevy dealership I my! Safety Hotline of crap and so is GM ) with the LS7 heads evidence against and... Get rid of any of it because the car to kool Chevy and told... Programming of the power control module guy on a forum community dedicated Corvette. The 505HP engine denied the warranty claim you will need adobe reader to view the.. 'S hard to argue against all of the vehicle issues z06s have to... Of taken it to an authorized Chevy dealer it too made a banging... Guides can result in swallowing a valve and catastrophic engine damage horror stories, and specific problem stated that would... A self-anointed elite am I going to get it fixed in order to save engine from damage. Extremely out of specs and have to get rid of any of it the! Is a great starting platform Fast 92 Big Mouth/Truck coils/comp push rods + more ramp and showed... The C6 generation Z06 was released as a 2006 model and sold 2013!

Cbank Login, Back To The Future Full Movie Unblocked, Kotoni Staggs Nsw, Justin Turner Stats, Hyelim Husband, I Follow Rivers Video Actress, Fierce Creatures Imdb, Stephen Wozniak, Canterbury Weather Forecast 14 Days,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.