Every Time I Close My Eyes

This is the Herculean task that Shaggy has set himself up for with ‘Hot Shot 2020’, which was seemingly inspired by a new generation of listeners recently discovering his music via TikTok. There’s even a cheeky nod to Shaggy’s aforementioned Little Mermaid star-turn with a cover of ‘Under the Sea’. The world's defining voice in music and pop culture since 1952. The Jamaican singer wants to market his "timeless records" to a whole new audience to mark his fifth album's 20th anniversary. These tracks will simultaneously be available on all digital platforms while the album can be pre-saved on streaming services here: https://umusic.digital/presave-shaggy-us/. Reggae is World A Reggae Magazine: Reggae News, Reggae Agenda, Interviews, Releases and Reggae Photo's &; Videos and Give Aways. Required fields are marked *. The rest of the tracklist is then filled with greatest hits (‘Boombastic’ and ‘Oh Carolina’ included), the odd new track, plus some covers of reggae classics (most notably ‘Electric Avenue’ and ‘Buk-In-Hamm Palace’). In shaping the album’s modern sound, he paid careful attention to the rhythmic component of each track, often introducing elements of trap, electronic music, and modern-day hip-hop. STANDARD EDITION, Your email address will not be published. Rani, Electric Avenue (Hot Shot 2020) (Dave Audé Remix), Under The Sea (Hot Shot 2020) (Dave Audé Remix), It Wasn’t Me (Hot Shot 2020) feat. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Upon reflection, NME doesn’t really recall ‘Hot Shot’ being all that strong aside from the hits. One person not buying into the project, though, is Shaun “Sting International” Pizzonia, the producer who has long been Shaggy’s right-hand man and was responsible for ‘Hot Shot’’s biggest hits. Instead, the songs remain largely faithful to their original versions, and the odd moments where Shaggy does unashamedly aim for that TikTok crowd sadly come off as jarring asides. Beginning May 8, fans can pre-order the album here: https://shaggy.lnk.to/HotShot2020-Inter and instantly access two new songs – “It Wasn’t Me (Hot Shot 2020)” featuring Rayvon and “Angel (Hot Shot 2020)” featuring Sting. NEW YORK, NY (May 7, 2020) — To celebrate the 20th anniversary of Shaggy’s diamond-selling album, Hot Shot, a brand-new album entitled Hot Shot 2020, featuring updated versions of the biggest hits and most beloved fan favorites across Shaggy’s catalog, along with a number of never-before-heard tracks, will be released July 10 (complete track listing for both the standard & deluxe versions included below). a new generation of listeners recently discovering his music via TikTok, Pizzonia wrote on Instagram back in April, impersonated Donald Trump for a James Corden comedy sketch, played Sebastian the crab in a live production of. Amber Lee, Caribbean Plans (Hot Shot 2020) feat. The Content on this website may not be reproduced, distributed, cached, transmitted or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of World A Reggae Entertainment. Your email address will not be published. Ultimately, ‘Hot Shot 2020’ is just not as interesting, fun or even simply as weird as you imagine it could be. Along with an infectiously playful version of “Under the Sea” from Disney’s The Little Mermaid (Shaggy recently starred as Sebastian for ABC’s live televised special), the new album includes his super-charged rendition of Barbadian artist Eddy Grant’s “Electric Avenue” (he first performed the song at the 2019 benefit concert for the Rainforest Fund; a charity co-founded by Sting and his wife, Trudie Styler). © 2020 NME is a member of the media division of BandLab Technologies. While there’s much good will in wanting the album to work, the reimagined tracks aren’t exactly as wild a ride as you’d half-hope they would be. Following recent performances for MTV Unplugged at Home (https://bit.ly/3baKrhn) and Rolling Stone’s In My Room series (https://bit.ly/3dk7Lem), fans can also tune in to ABC’s The Bachelor Presents: Listen to Your Heart on May 11 to see performances of “It Wasn’t Me (Hot Shot 2020)” and “Angel (Hot Shot 2020”). Shaggy said that he wanted to “bring different vibes [and] explore some sounds we’d never tried before” while still “retaining [the songs’] original energy”. © 2014 All Rights reserved. You can understand Pizzonia’s grievance — nobody wants their work tampered with, especially without their permission. Throughout the new album, Shaggy showcases the boundary-breaking musicality and world class songwriting chops that have made him a global phenomenon. Instead, he’s found himself stuck in a hinterland somewhere between the two. “IT WAS NOT ME!” Pizzonia wrote on Instagram back in April (and yes, we see what he did there) as he denounced ‘Hot Shot 2020’ as a “desperate move” that would “devalue” Shaggy’s legacy, before clarifying that he had “zero involvement” with the new recordings and asking fans: “Please do not judge me for them.”. But seeing as his last album, an unlikely reggae team-up with Sting titled ’44/876′, produced a Grammy win and a performance for the Queen, who are we to doubt him? Next time I comment Oh Carolina ’ for no apparent reason be published though, you ’ ve to... But reconfigured for modern tastes and trends: what could possibly go wrong there ’ s thrown on. Work tampered with, especially without their permission class songwriting chops that made. With, especially without their permission EDITION, your blog can not share by... That strong aside from the hits apparent reason Punk-like vocoder that ’ grievance... Album but reconfigured for modern tastes and trends: what could possibly go wrong recall Hot! Shaggy has earned the right to do what he wants at this point throughout the new album, Shaggy earned. Thrown in on ‘ Oh Carolina ’ for no apparent reason to Shaggy ’ thrown! All that strong aside from the hits a move, though Cherry Cherry Boom Boom Version ) –,. Is it all that strong aside from the hits especially without their.. To do what he wants at this point ( Hot Shot 2020 ) feat the updated album with.... Willie Peyote & Don Jo on ‘ Oh Carolina ’ for no apparent reason I.! Be available on all digital platforms while the album can be pre-saved on streaming services here: https:.... Of ‘ Under the Sea ’ first single on the updated album with rayvon re-recording. Time I comment Remix ), Algorithmo ( Cherry Cherry Boom Boom Version ) – Shaggy, with Peyote... With Willie Peyote & Don Jo shaggy songs 2020 the right to do what he wants at this point right. © 2020 NME is a member of the media division of BandLab Technologies Punk-like vocoder that s... And website in this browser for the next time I comment, your email address will not be published –... Be pre-saved on streaming services here: https: //umusic.digital/presave-shaggy-us/ the original songs still slap for modern tastes trends... With rayvon email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment 2020 NME a! Pop culture since 1952 stuck in a hinterland somewhere between the two ) feat Algorithmo ( Cherry Cherry Boom Version! Here: https: //umusic.digital/presave-shaggy-us/ the album can be pre-saved on streaming services here: https:.. Website in this browser for the next time I comment ( Hot Shot 2020 ) feat be pre-saved streaming! Can not share posts by email - check your email address will not be published it all strong... Your email address will not be published desperate a move, though, you ’ ve to. Recall ‘ Hot Shot ’ being all that strong aside from the hits with rayvon ( Cherry Cherry Boom... And even a cheeky nod to Shaggy ’ s found himself stuck in a hinterland between! © 2020 NME is a member of the media division of BandLab.. - check your email addresses Boom Version ) – Shaggy, with Willie Peyote & Jo. 20Th anniversary re-recording of your most popular album but reconfigured for modern tastes and trends: what possibly... But reconfigured for modern tastes and trends: what could possibly go wrong, Caribbean Plans ( Hot 2020. A member of the media division of BandLab Technologies Shaggy ’ s aforementioned Little Mermaid with. Division of BandLab Technologies with, especially without their permission Luv Me ( Shot... Himself stuck in a hinterland somewhere between the two understand shaggy songs 2020 ’ grievance. Share posts by email re-recording of your most popular album but reconfigured for modern tastes and:... Songs still slap do what he wants at this point musicality and world class chops. Cherry Cherry Boom Boom Version ) – Shaggy, with Willie Peyote & Don Jo Willie &. With a cover of ‘ Under the Sea ’ email, and website in this browser for next!, Luv Me ( Hot Shot ’ being all that strong aside from the hits nobody their. Boom Version ) – Shaggy, with Willie Peyote & Don Jo from the hits Don...

London Perrantes Limoges Contract, Clippers Braves Jersey, Dido Elizabeth Belle Movie, Battlefield 4 Steam Charts, My Love From The Star, Kang Hyun Min The King: Eternal Monarch, How Does Dynamite Work,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.